Friday, June 1, 2012

Too many Izzies for this world


They are gonna be stinking up the place with farts. 


Class demonstration for character design. 
Facial expressions are so fun to do. It's like the rich cream cheese frosting off the red velvet cake of....designing stuff.
By no means is this a formula or something to go by for Iz's MANY emotions. I do these to challenge myself. If the emotion reads well you can usually tell what the character is feeling.
The center expression and the hairstyle Izzy sports(in all) is a homage to my favorite drummer, Tre Cool. It's always been that way. Sure it's changed 'er hairstyle a little here and there but it will always be inspired by that one person.

Baby.
I was given help to restyle the 'do by a girlfriend of mine(seriously she has a blog and she'll be posting soon check her out, she's amazing). Really helped me with the hairline, I love those two lil tufts in the back. See I was unsure whether to have Izzy's hair with different and varied amounts of strands of hair every time. I don't want too much inconsistency. Maybe more detailed works like a full scene or painting or close up, you'd see more chunks of hair. Eh, still working on it. I like it for now though.

There's some OBVIOUS major inconsistencies I'm gonna have to change but for now, it looks alright. Art doesn't have to be perfect. I'm tired of tweaking it at the moment. I'll pick it up and fix it with a new perspective in the near future.


Dream on, little panda.


By the way, it's a girl if you don't know that already. But honestly she can pass off as a boy too if she wanted to and I really like that.
I'm not really sure if I want Izzy to be androgynous. Part of me thinks it's a beautiful concept. Part of me is still unsure about making her that way though.
We'll just have to see.

2 comments:

  1. great stuff! keep it up! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep working towards your goals and dreams! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete